About the Service
Wandoo Rehabilitation Prison TC is WA’s first dedicated alcohol and other drug rehabilitation prison for women in custody, run by Cyrenian House.
The focus of Wandoo is to offer a supportive environment where women can break the cycle of addiction. Our service offers a safe, healthy, supportive, and respectful place to recover and make positive, lasting changes. Unlike other facilities, it offers dedicated, intensive trauma-informed treatment within a therapeutic community. Women at Wandoo are supported via multi-disciplinary case-management to reduce addiction, improve mental and physical health and reduce the chances of re-offending.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, Justice Services, the Therapeutic Community (TC) Manager’s role is to facilitate the provision of a professional alcohol and other drug (AOD) service to women in custody, within a therapeutic residential setting, utilising the Community as Method (CAM) treatment approach.
The manager’s position encompasses a diverse range of functions requiring a high level of knowledge and skills in meeting organisational goals. The manager will adhere to established best work practices and exercise initiative and sound judgement in consultation with the General Manager, Residential Services.
Hours and Location
The role is full-time (76 hours per fortnight) based in at the Wandoo Women’s Prison in Murdoch.
The successful candidate will require:
Essential competencies and experience:
- Degree in Social, Behavioural, Education, Health Sciences or equivalent experience and the AOD sector.
- Previous experience in a Therapeutic Community, working with “Community as Method”.
- Experience in coordinating and managing
- Well-developed counselling and clinical supervision skills.
- Experience in working with consumers from diverse backgrounds and different cultural groups.
- A sound knowledge of alcohol and other drug
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and mediation
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, including high-level report writing and editing skills.
- Good presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- National Police Clearance and full work rights.
- Ability to obtain prison clearance through the Department of Justice.
- Full drivers’ licence and current first aid certificate.
We offer attractive employee benefits, salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
If you meet the required criteria, and possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you, apply now by forwarding your application to email@example.com, please ensure your application includes a:
- response to the selection criteria in no more than three pages
- current resume, including two referees.
Please click on the following link to download a copy of the Job Description Form containing the Selection Criteria – JDF – Manager Wandoo Prison TC
For further information please contact Tom Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be accepted by submitting your application to email@example.com
Applications received without addressing the selection criteria will not be processed.
Closing date for applications is on or before Monday 21st June 2021.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.