Counsellor Educator – Cyrenian House, Milliya Rumurra
(Job Code CHMRCEFT)
About the role:
The Counsellor/Educator will have both a treatment and prevention focus with the aim of reducing harm associated with alcohol or other drug use. The position will provide a professional AOD service to consumers, families, other service providers and the local community.
This is a full-time role consisting of 76 hours per fortnight.
About the organisation
Cyrenian House is a leading not-for-profit non-government organisation that has been operating within the alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment sector since 1981. Our service in Broome is a partnership between Cyrenian House and Milliya Rumurra Aboriginal Corporation, delivering alcohol and other drug prevention services to parts of the West Kimberley region.
We provide consumers and their families with improved access to alcohol and other drug support via our outreach services within the communities north of Broome along the Dampier Peninsula and south to Bidyadanga.
- A degree in social, behavioural or health sciences and or relative experience in the alcohol and other drug sector.
- Demonstrated and well developed leadership skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal peoples in Aboriginal Communities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work autonomously within their role, whilst still delivering a professional service.
- Ability to adapt to varying working environments in the delivery of outreach services.
- An active role in Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Full work rights and Current National Police Clearance.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Full COVID Vaccination.
In return we off the following benefits:
- Remote Area Allowance.
- Professional team. Rewarding team culture with flexible working conditions.
- Unique opportunity to work in an organisation passionate about making a difference to the lives of those effected be alcohol & other drugs.
- Comprehensive orientation and induction.
- Generous salary packaging options.
How to apply:
If you meet the required criteria, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you, apply now by forwarding your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please ensure your application includes a:
- A response to the selection criteria (located on the last page of the JDF) in no more than two pages in length
- current resume, including two referees
Please refer to the employment section on our website to download a full copy of the JDF: JDF – Counsellor Educator CHMR
Applications will only be accepted by submitting your application to email@example.com
Applications will close on or before 9am 6th December 2021.
For further information, please contact Sally Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.