COUNSELLOR EDUCATOR (PRISON PROGRAMS)
ALLIED DRUG & ALCOHOL PROGRAMS & TREATMENT (ADAPT)
Full time & Part time positions available
(Job Code: CEPTADAPT)
Allied Drug and Alcohol Programs and Treatment (ADAPT) is a partnership between Cyrenian House and Holyoake and delivers AOD treatment services across the public metropolitan prisons in Western Australia.
We are seeking experienced Counsellor/Educators to join our team who work with consumers involved in the criminal justice system. You will provide culturally secure, AOD education and support to consumers impacted by AOD use with the aim of and make a positive and meaningful difference to their lives.
You will deliver a psychotherapeutic, psychoeducational group program to consumers within a prison setting, designed to address alcohol and other drug use and offending behaviour.
Our services work collectively so positions are available with both Cyrenian House and Holyoake.
If you are interested in this position and you possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you.
Salary level 4 – 5 $71,349 – $84,270 (per annum, pro rata)
This position also comes with attractive employee benefits and salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or equivalent experience in the alcohol and drug sector.
- Knowledge of alcohol and other drug issues.
- Understanding of comorbidity in relation to alcohol and drug issues.
- Demonstrated assessment, case management and counselling skills.
- Good presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in working with consumers from diverse backgrounds and different cultural groups.
- Demonstrated and well developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software package including Word and Outlook.
- Full Work Rights and a current National Police certificate.
- Department of Justice security clearances (employer initiated)
- Current WA Drivers licence.
To download a copy of the JDF, containing the selection criteria, please click on the link below:
Applicants MUST address the selection criteria, located within the position JDF, in their application.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.
For further information, please contact Tom Hopkins– firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your application, including your address to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com
This position will close on or before 12pm, Tuesday 20th October 2020.