Working at Cyrenian House you will be part of a team providing the highest quality services to make positive and meaningful differences in the lives of people affected by alcohol and other drugs.
Our five values – empowerment, integrity, diversity, compassion and hope – define how we treat each other and how we work together with our consumers. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are welcomed as they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Why Work With Us?
We are a diverse workplace that reflects contemporary, multicultural Australia, valuing differences and make every individual feel welcome, supported, and safe.
At Cyrenian House we value the uniqueness of individuals who may vary in many different ways, including race, ethnicity, culture, social class, gender, age, religious belief, sexual identity, mental and physical ability.
We celebrate and promote this diversity as a strength of our organisation – see our Diversity Statement.
About the Organisation
Cyrenian House is a leading not-for-profit non-government organisation that has been operating within the alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment sector since 1981. Cyrenian House provides a wide range of high-quality treatment services that make a positive and meaningful difference in the lives of people affected by alcohol and other drugs.
We have the following vacancies:
Night Weekend Supervisor – Nannup
About the Role
The Night Weekend Supervisor will work with the residential team to provide a safe environment for all therapeutic community residents. They will maintain a presence within the community and be available to address immediate concerns, where appropriate.
The Supervisor will promote culturally secure practices and they may be required to exercise initiative and judgement where practice and direction are not clearly defined in accordance with management objectives.
Hours of Work & Location
Hours of work are on a causal needs basis, This position is located at our Nannup Therapeutic Community Site, free parking is available at this location.
To be successful in this role you will require the following key attributes:
- An understanding of alcohol and other drug issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain a secure environment.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to assert oneself effectively and maintain clear personal boundaries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Current “C” class driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Current National Police Certificate.
- Full work rights, Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
What we offer you.
- Professional team. Rewarding team culture with flexible working conditions
- Unique opportunity to work in an organisation passionate about making a difference to the lives of those effected be Alcohol & Other Drugs.
- Comprehensive orientation and induction.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply:
If your values align with those of Cyrenian House and you want to make a positive difference to the lives of those impacted by Alcohol & Other Drugs and possess the key attributes required for this role, please submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your application should include:
- response to the selection criteria in no more than two pages
- current resume, including two referees
Please refer to the employment section on our website to download a full copy of the JDF: www.cyrenianhouse.com
For further information please contact Therese Mahoney, Manager at email@example.com
Applications will close when suitable candidates have been appointed.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.